I've collected some of my favorite cleaning tips and tricks for you!
I hope some of these are new to you!
1. Cleaning glassware - When you're washing narrow-necked glass vases and decanters, add a little uncooked rice to the water. Your glassware will
2. Cleaning glass - Use old newspapers instead of paper towels to clean mirrors and windows. They work great, and you're recycling.
3. Eliminate wax spills - To remove hardened wax from fabric, place a paper towel or a brown paper bag on top of the wax and press with an iron on
low heat. The paper absorbs the wax, and your iron stays clean.
4. Keeping the house clutter free - When in doubt, dump it. You'll revel in your decluttered existence and have fewer items to dust.
5. Dusting lamp shades - My vacuum attachment doesn't work on cloth lamp shades, so dust the shades with a lint roller.
6. Speeding through chores - Time flies when you listen to music!
7. Removing food orders - When the plastic storage containers start to smell like the food that was in them, wash them with hot water and two tablespoons
of baking soda.
8. Cleaning for guests - If you can clean only one room before company arrives, tackle the bathroom. This is the only room where people spend time
solo and may have the time and tendency to notice a mess.
9. Picking Up - Leave a basket at the foot of the stairs and toss in any toys or
miscellaneous items that were brought downstairs during
the day. Whenever you go upstairs, take the
basket with you and unload. It beats running up and down the stairs all
day. Although you do miss out on the workout.
10. Stay focused - Do you get very distracted while cleaning, set a timer for 30 minutes. It helps you to stay focused, and you get more done
in a short amount of time.
11. Eliminating cat hair - To pick up cat hair, put on a wet rubber dishwashing glove and wipe your hand over surfaces. The hair will stick right to
12. Repurposing old clothes - Wear an old, unmatched sock on your hand when you have to dust the house. Run your hand along chair rails, crown moldings,
and doors until the sock is dusty enough to discard or wash and reuse.
13. Washing China - Make a paste of baking soda and water to clean discolored teacups and teapots. It's gentle enough for most fine china,
and it's easy on the hands and the wallet.
14. Dusting - Use paint brushes to dust cracks and hard to reach places in telephones, stereos, etc.
15. Removing marker stains - Hair spray will remove magic marker stains from any surface.
16. Killing flies - Hair spray kills flies.
17. Detering roaches - Place a bay leaf in each of your cupboards, by your windows and doors to keep the roaches away.
18. Crumb-less sofa - Keep your sofa crumb-free by doing a weekly under-cushion vacuuming with the upholstery attachment.
19. Well hidden messes - Use cute storage boxes to store USB cables, remotes and chords.
20. Make the bed quickly - Pull the flat sheet all the way up and the blanket two thirds of the
way up, then fold the sheet over the blanket and fold the duvet in
half at the foot of the bed.