Every once in a while my husband craves no bakes. Well, we have had NO success in getting the no bakes to harden, then we found the key to it all!
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. (Here is the key! Seriously, set the timer for 90 seconds, it will make the difference!)
- Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Let cool until hardened.