GETTING RID OF MOLD!!!


I'm ashamed to show you this...



Not pretty. It makes me sick! I've tried so many different things to get rid of it and nothing seemed to work. Until now.




I am all for going green in cleaning, but sometimes green does not work quite as well.

So, here is what I did...

First, get rid of the mold! {Green cleaning}

BORAX

You can find it, here.

  1. To kill mold using borax, create a borax-water solution using a ratio of 1 cup of borax per gallon of water.

  2. Vacuum up any loose mold with a HEPA filtered vacuum cleaner to lessen the number of spores stirred up into the air during the cleaning process.

  3. Use a scrubbing brush with the borax-water solution to scrub the mold off the surface.

  4. Wipe up any extra moisture and excess mold particles or dust/debris to prevent them spreading into the air once the surface has dried.

  5. You don't need to rinse off the borax as the solution will prevent more mold beginning to grow on the surface again.

  6. Leave the surface to dry completely.


Second, get rid of it's stains! {Not green cleaning}

CLOROX BLEACH FOAMER

You can find it, here.

1. Make sure the area is dry.

2. Spray the foamer on the spot directly. Let it sit. {Keep the windows open and exhaust fan running.} FYI - I let it sit for an hour.

3. No scrubbing. Rinse off with water.

4. Let it dry completely.

If you can still see some mold, give it another go around, but I only needed to do it once.

What products do you use to get rid of mold?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking a moment to comment! Although I absolutely appreciate, consider and read each and every comment, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious or spam like.

Pin It button on image hover