CARPET CLEANING!!!

I've had a bunch of emails since posting my vinegar remedies on exact recipes for cleaning certain things.

Lately, it's been the carpet, hard water stains and dishwashers.

Well, I am going to add to my Let's Clean series over the next few weeks.



Today, I will be cleaning my carpet!



I live in an apartment and I really hate how they all have the lightest color carpet known to man. And most of them will charge you to replace the entire thing for one little stain! This really bugs me!

So, with two little boys and a couple of cats, I am in constant worry.

Here is one of my stains... Don't judge!


 I don't know how long this stain has been here.

It's been under my rug. The rug has not been moved in 3 years.

But I can tell you it's a pet stain.

I love my male cat, but seriously he has issues when we go on vacations.

And here it is now...




Here's the magic recipe!

1. Soak up ANY and ALL wetness.
2. Sprinkle baking soda on the stain, let it sit for 10 minutes, vacuum thoroughly.
3. Mix 1 Tbsp of dishwashing detergent, 1Tbsp of vinegar and 2 cups of warm water. 
4.Using a white cloth sponge the stain with the solution and blot until the liquid is absorbed.
5. Sponge off with cold water and blot dry.
Voila!

Before and After...

{The before was taken when the sun was shining. The after was taken as the sun was setting. I promise it's the same spot!}

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking a moment to comment! Although I absolutely appreciate, consider and read each and every comment, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious or spam like.

Pin It button on image hover