BABY BLANKET TUTORIAL!!!

My best friend just had her baby girl last month. 

When she told me she was having a girl I was ecstatic and a tiny bit jealous! 
I am a mom of two boys and no girls!

But the thoughts started to race through my mind, especially that I could now use all of that girly fabric I've been stocking up on.

I went into full girl mode and here is what I came up with...


I love this blanket!

It's girly!

So, here is how I did it.


I cut 7 pieces of fabric long length.I cut them each at different widths to accentuate the patterns. It was 32 inches long {in width} and 50 inches long {in length} total. Then I went ahead and sewed them together.

Next, I laid down the minky, right side up. {Sorry, no picture} I then I flipped over the piece pictured above. I laid the cotton fabric with the print side DOWN. This will make the right sides face each other. Line one of the cotton fabric edges with the selvage of the minky fabric.

Cut the minky against the edge of the cotton fabric. You won’t need to cut the selvage edge since it should already be lined up with the other fabric. The right sides will already be facing each other. So place several pins about 5-6 inches apart around the edge of the blanket. Make sure you place a pin in every corner. 

Sew around the blanket with 1/2 inch seam. Leave a 2-3 inch opening. Don’t forget to back stitch!
Once it is sewn you will flip the blanket through the little opening you left. Push out all 4 corners. Smooth the edges and top stitch around the edge of the blanket at 1/4 inch. Be careful when you sew over the opening you left, make sure you close the hole completely!


{Sorry, it needs to be ironed!}


I've also sewn together a cute little taggee to match. I'll do a tutorial next week.


It's a pretty simple process! I can make these all day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking a moment to comment! Although I absolutely appreciate, consider and read each and every comment, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious or spam like.

Pin It button on image hover