My first son, never had a mobile, never wanted one.
He was content to cry for a couple of minutes and then go to sleep.
My second son, completely different.
I went on the hunt, but I was not going to pay $40 - $50.
My mom finally convinced me to try making my own.
So here is where I started...
I bought everything at Hobby Lobby! I spent under $20 for everything!
The sports shapes are foam and sticky on the back side.
Step by Step guide:
1. Cut the bead wire 6 shorter and 4 longer.
2. Take 2 of each foam shape and place the wire between the two pieces. I added 6 on the longer ones and 4 on the inside. I continued until I completed them. (I used two packs at $3 each pack.) Make sure to leave enough of the bead wire that can be tied to the plant support.
3. Tie the bead wire to the plant support and hot glue to give additional strength. Continue with the long ones on the inside and the shorter ones on the outside.
4. Add ribbon to hang the mobile by. I chose sports ribbon and tied 4 on the outside and 2 on the inside.
5. I took some spare sports fabric and cut it into strips about 4 - 5 inches long and tied them onto the plant support.
I only did the outside since it's really all that would be seen.
This was actually one of the easiest things that I have ever made!
It's not gorgeous. It's not fancy, but my son loves it!
And that's really all that matters!