CLEAN AND DISINFECT YOUR HUMIDIFIER!!!


I love my humidifier! 

I especially love it in my boys room! Did you know that it can help babies sleep peacefully through the night? MAJOR BONUS!

A humidifier can also:
relieve a cold, cough, the flu, allergy, sinusitis, nose bleeds and hay fever.
It can help relieve and prevent dry, scratchy skin.
And improve the air quality at home.

It's very beneficial! But it can't do much if you don't care for it. Bacteria and mold can grow in the tanks, so it's important to rinse out your humidifier daily.

But it's also important to clean and disinfect your humidifier at least once a week. I'll admit it, it's been a while for me...

Always refer to the cleaning instructions for any appliance that are provided by the manufacturer.

What you'll need:

 

CLEANING!  

1. Unplug the humidifier. Remove the filter and rinse with cold water under the faucet. {Mine needed to be replaced, so I tossed it and added a new one!} Let it dry on a towel. Do NOT use any cleaning solutions on the filter. Chemicals can cause permanent damage to the filter. Toss out the filter once a month and replace it with a new one.


2. Remove the tank. Drain it. Add a generous amount of undiluted white vinegar to the base of the humidifier. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Gently scrub base with a soft bristle brush to remove any build up. Rinse thoroughly!


Disgusting, huh?


DISINFECTING!

Once it's been cleaned you should disinfect the water tank by filling the tank with clean water and teaspoon of bleach or 3% hydrogen peroxide. I prefer the hydrogen peroxide. Gently swish the solution. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly!

Tip: use distilled water it will help prevent minerals deposits from building up in the machine.


Remember that this is best done weekly. Some stains were unable to come off because it's been a while since I cleaned this out.

As long as this is done on a weekly basis, your humidifier should stay in perfect working order for a long time!


Happy Cleaning!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking a moment to comment! Although I absolutely appreciate, consider and read each and every comment, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious or spam like.

Pin It button on image hover