TAGGEES!!

Last week, I showed you how to make a super easy, and cute baby blanket.

I mentioned that I'd be doing a tutorial on the taggee in the picture at the end.

So, today I'm going to show you how. It's super simple and kids love them.




To begin, cut your fabric into the size that you want. I did, 

Next, cut your ribbon 6 inches, that way once looped it will be big enough for baby to hold onto.

Take the ribbon and fold in half and pin to the edge of the fabric, placing the loop on the inside. I only lined one side with ribbon, if you want to do all sides, continue the process all around. I only ended up using 5 pieces of ribbon.


Next, take your other piece of fabric and place on top.  The right sides of the fabric should be facing each other. Pin it. You can trim any extra fabric if you have it.


Sew a straight line around the taggee on all sides, make sure to leave an opening on one side so that you can turn it right side out.

Once you have sewn around the whole taggee, leaving your opening{ about 2 inches}, pull through the opening and turn it right side out. This is the time to make sure all of the ribbon has been sewn accurately and securely. 

Once it is right side out, pin the opening shut and stitch around the entire blanket, {that way you don't have to hand sew it!}.


Once completed, cut any lose strings. And admire your handiwork!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking a moment to comment! Although I absolutely appreciate, consider and read each and every comment, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious or spam like.

Pin It button on image hover