28 DAYS OF THANKSGIVING!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!

It's my holiday! 

Christmas Eve is done with my family, Christmas Eve is done with my husband's family. We rotate Easter between both sides. So, I get a little giddy when Thanksgiving comes around!


Here are some of my favorite crafts, treats and activities for you and your family to do this Thanksgiving season.

Activities:

Thankful Tree

Last year we started a Thankful tree tradition. It's only a tradition because we are going to do it again this year. Check back next week to see our new Thankful tree. With this one I took a couple of sheets of brown scrapbook paper and cut out the base and branches of the tree. Then I hand cut all of those leaves. Luckily last year was only 22 days! But we assigned each person a color and each day we rotated writing down something that we were grateful for. We listed things like each other, family, friends, the military, to live in a free country, toys, cats, a job, cars... You get the idea.

Thanksgiving Countdown


I used this pattern and my oldest and I created a chain link countdown. This is so fun!




You can organize a food drive. If you don't have time to do that, never fear. I usually give my boys some money and we head over to the grocery store and each of us pick out as much non perishables we can get and deliver them to our local food bank or shelter. It's a great way to teach the young ones about giving.

Send a Thank You card to our soldiers

  Make sure to do this one right at the beginning of the month, they send them out after the first week of the month. Send them here:  
Holiday Mail For Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456


Do not include a picture or name, nothing personal. Just a simple card thanking them for their service! 

Visit a Corn Maze

Go and pick some apples!

Crafts:











Treats:












And don't forget...


Add this to last to year's post  and you'll have 50 ideas for Thanksgiving!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking a moment to comment! Although I absolutely appreciate, consider and read each and every comment, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious or spam like.

Pin It button on image hover