NEW YEAR'S EVE TRADITIONS!!!

The older I get, the less I can stay up till midnight.

Ok, that's not true. I've always been a person who goes to bed early.

I've been working on getting better. I mean, it's only one night, right?

My husband and I have been married for 5 years and this will be our 7th NYE together.

All but one of those years, we have watched all 6 Star Wars.


Yeah, we are a little nerdy!

We also stock up on lots of snacks.


We veg in front of the tv till midnight!

But this year, I am looking to add a little more to the festivities.

How Does She has a great tradition...


Each balloon is labeled with an hour and is filled with a piece of paper. 

Take the 12 strips of paper and write ideas on them.  Here is their list for some ideas:

1. ‘Paint’ with shaving cream
2. Have a snowball fight
3. Eat a cookie
4. Ready a story in front of the fireplace
5. Have a thumb war
6. Sing a song
7. Clean the bedroom (ya have to have one chore in there) 
8. Balloon Volleyball
9. Drink hot chocolate with marshmallows.  YUM.
10. Call Grandma and wish her Happy New Years!
11. Turn on the music and dance like it’s 1999
12. Tell a favorite memory from the year before.

Don't have any kids? Are they grown and gone? Make it a little more romantic!

You could make it more of a Q&A.
1. What do you secretly wish your spouse would dress up as for Halloween?
2.  If you were stranded on an island together for ever and could bring 1 item with you, what would your spouse bring?
3. Who made the first move?
4.  Where was your first date?
5. What was your first impression of your spouse?
6. Where was your first kiss?

Or you could make it more active.
1. If you love in the same city you dated in, have dinner where you had your first date.
2. Play strip poker. Strip goldfish. Strip monopoly. Whatever.
3. Watch the first movie you saw together.
5. Slow Dance - Top 10 Slow Songs
6. A little private time ;)
The New Home Ec has a great idea, especially for us crafty people...

Spend each hour working on a craft. Make those simple things you keep delaying. Make one every other hour. Plan crafts for the kids. Plan crafts just for you. Whatever works best for you.


What are your traditions?

I'd love to hear them!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking a moment to comment! Although I absolutely appreciate, consider and read each and every comment, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious or spam like.

Pin It button on image hover