CLEANING UP THE DISHWASHER!!!


Next in our series is the dishwasher.

I opted for vinegar. It really is the miracle cleaner. And I try to do all of my vinegar cleaning on the same day and on a day when I can open the windows.

First, pull out the bottom rack and check the base to see if there are any chunks that may be clogging the drain. 



Second, put the bottom rack back in and add a cup of vinegar in a dishwasher safe dish to the top rack. Run it through a normal cycle with hot water. The vinegar helps to loosen the greasy grime and sanitize the dishwasher.



Third, after it's completed take a cup of baking soda and add it to the bottom of the dishwasher.  Run it through a short, hot water cycle. This helps to freshen the smell and brighten the inside of your dishwasher.

Here is my dishwasher before and after!


I realize that the picture after isn't quite as clear, but if you click on the photo, it will get bigger and you will notice the base is a big difference! The water sprayer also has a little less hard water stains.
{That's another tutorial coming up!}

I do this every 6 months.I use the dishwasher every day, so it may not need it as often as you might. It's safe to do monthly and it can really help boost the cleaning of your dishes.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking a moment to comment! Although I absolutely appreciate, consider and read each and every comment, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious or spam like.

Pin It button on image hover